| Hawaiian Recipe Index |
| Free Recipes
- 1½ lb skinless, boneless chicken breast
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 carrots, julienne
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 x 14 oz can shredded bamboo, drained
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup trimmed and coarsely chopped watercress
- 1 x 8 oz package rice noodles, soaked and cut into 2" pieces
Preparation & Cooking Instructions :
- Cut chicken meat into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine the sugar, soy sauce, and mirin wine. Mix
well, and set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Squeeze juice from grated ginger into wok, add grated ginger, and
stir fry until brown. Discard ginger fibers.
- Increase heat to high, and stir in chicken. Season with soy sauce
mixture, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- One at a time add the carrots, onions, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and
watercress. Stir after each addition.
- Add rice noodles; cook, stirring, for about 3 more minutes, or until